26 Oct Manual toothbrush or electric toothbrush?
Take care of your teeth and mouth is a priority that goes beyond aesthetics and the desire to show a bright smile. Whether using a brush with manual or electric toothbrush, the goal is the same: to effectively remove plaque. The health of your teeth depends.
As plaque begins to form between 4 to 12 hours after brushing, it is important to brush your teeth at least twice daily.
What type of brush you choose?
Choosing the right toothbrush is essential for oral hygiene and if we use the wrong toothbrush it can damage the gums. Several criteria are considered before buying a toothbrush, including the types of bristles. We will advise you based on your personal situation.
In general, soft toothbrushes are made for people who have no problem mouth, very soft bristle toothbrushes are more suitable for sensitive gums.
The manual toothbrush:
- Is easy to carry when traveling, in the office, canteen …
- Provides many styles and price ranges
- Allows a touch more “sensitive” with teeth
- Request for brushing teeth 2 minutes
Change brush every 2 or 3 months
The electric toothbrush:
- Eliminates thoroughly plaque.
- Limit tooth decay or gingivitis
- Provides additional functions: timer, pressure sensor, choice of different heads and different brushing modes
- Possible choice between the tilt and rotary model (small brush head which performs movements in one direction and then the other) and the sonic template (brush head that looks like a manual toothbrush with lateral movement and vibration • achieves the difficult spots
- Two minutes of brushing
Change the head of his electric toothbrush every 3 months
- Brushing her teeth on small areas at a time, with a roll movement
- Brush your teeth going gums to teeth, from pink to white
- Clean with the same care the gums, tongue and palate
- Brushing should be gentle and methodical to clean all tooth surfaces because a too vigorous brushing can damage the gum tissue and cause its loosening. Other consequences: tooth sensitivity by a naked update dentin
- The interdental brushes are practical in addition to brushing and especially useful if you wear a bridge or denture.
- Dental floss is ideal for accessing narrow areas and difficult to access.
- The irrigator without replacing the brush, allows a good finish brushing and a gingival beneficial massage.
- The mouthwashes are also recommended.